Friday, February 10, 2012

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow



SO, we are now in Belmopan, and actually as I write this, we are on our way out, heading to Dangriga later on today, but while we have been in Belmopan here are some experiences, events, encounters and BLESSINGS that the Lord has lined us up with . . . . first off, we met with different pastors in the area, and stayed in a Nazarene church for two nights. Pastor Maganya, one of the greatest people we have met so far, shared with us stories of how he became a pastor around age 40, some cool dreams he has had, stories about spiritual warfare and just sharing wisdom from the wise, that we TOTALLY ate up. 

We stayed in our first church, in the babies room, on our air mattresses, and of course the shower only had one temperature: (*what's colder than cold?*) ICE COOLD! Quite the waker upper! I've never had a shower with so much exercise happening, jumping around lol

Ok, so I can't hold it in any longer. What is SO CRAZY, is that we woke up yesterday (Thursday Feb 8th) and there was a radio station outside of the church, and the owner wants to meet with us and come to the conference. He is also a political candidate running for something here in Belmopan  . . . AND THEN, somehow we got a call to meet with a bigshot in the area who owns a TV STATION, and we met with him (Louis Wade) and he wants us to come in and be part of a LIVE MORNING SHOW on TV!!! And do a 30 minute interview about our trip down here, about the conference, and it is also the type of morning show/tv channel that is shown around the WHOLE COUNTRY, and it also is where people can call in . . . . ah!!!! Tati and I walked out of the tv station building place, and were just like whaaaaat just happened!! pure shock. The Lord is clearly wanting to do something way bigger than the two of us. Please pray that we execute the tasks He has put and continues to put in front of us. I was reading earlier today in John 20, and THANK YOU LORD that you gave us our task AND YOUR POWER :22 *the holy spirit* - hallelujah!! 







They are also willing to put an ad/commercial together for us and air it for 2 or 3 weeks before this conference. Belize is obviously very small and the kind of place where a country-wide leadership conference is something people are actually interested in watching and learning about (that would never fly in the states! lol)


Picture I took in the parking lot on the side of a truck














Look who we ran into in Belmopan!! Our favorite papa Henry! 
He is so sweet. He is traveling around meeting with pastors teaching a class on Crisis Intervention as he was recently the fire chief over the whole country, and now as a pastor, he has lots of amazing counseling and crisis experience of his own.






 
Here is Pastor Norman 






By the way, I took a picture of my bags and belongings . . . probably because I am planning to take a picture of Tati's 100 bags in the future :) for comparison haha










We walked into what said it was a church and all it was, was an abandoned swimming pool! haha


pics while driving - they call this mountain the sleeping man . . . notice the nose and chin of a man lying down

My new Caged Honey Badger Friend! lol




I seriously loved this little guy!

















There he is! cute little guy with a very long snout 














We met a priest and talked to them from this Anglican church! Definitely a new experience!!
















Some random pics as we drive around in our hotbox






















another one of these trees I love









































As I said before, I love seeing hanging laundry . . . 






Sweeet!









OK, so after the longest day ever - and they are all long, thanks for my prayer of multiplying our time here and the Lord doing a multitude of work in and through us . . . . we decided to go to an actual restaurant our first night in Belmopan : 








This restaurant is Chinese, and called Yim Saan I think? Anyway, I tried Conch for the first time! And Tati learned Farkle for the first time. We laughed a LOT. It was a good little relaxing date :)


PLEASE notice this straight as the 1 fell on my shirt :)


















Happy Conch likes to swim in Egg Drop Soup










Tati is very proud of this artsy looking photo of the dice











Tati won the game . . . . . . 








therefore this was the loser's fate:







The Lord has been so good to us, and is teaching me so much. I am forever grateful for those of you reading this who have prayed for me and this trip that will forever change my life! I can't explain the work that is happening in my heart, soul, and mind, and while I do have a new camera, and enjoy sneaking pictures while we are meeting people and driving around, this trip has brought so much life and freedom and clarity to my spirit. While we never have more than a few hours if even online, I hope to update more than just pictures and events, but many times that is all that is able to be posted in short amounts of time. And while we have had fun and awesome experiences, I have been so humbled and changed by the things the Lord has revealed to me about my life before this trip and my life after. More to come on all of this.



No comments: