Friday, February 17, 2012

Jubilee

So, while we were in Belmopan, we also met a very important man by the name of Scott Stirm. We kept hearing his name, and people kept saying, "Oh, you need to talk to Scott Stirm!" . . . well we didn't know who this Scott Stirm was, but Tati got his number and tried to call him, but he would never answer. AS IT TURNED OUT, we had his wrong number, and another man named Richard Smith, who is on his campaign trail, running for some office during this election season and owns Refuge Radio, who we had met the same morning we met Louis Wade (tv network guy) - *I promise this all comes together* - basically I happened to be driving the car, and went down a one-way road accidentally, and someone honked at us, and it was Richard Smith! And he recognized us, and got out of his car and told us to follow him to his radio station! crazy! So, we were just starting our day and returning the church keys to Pastor Maganya - and all of a sudden we were on a wild track following Richard Smith up this steep mountain to where his house and radio station is! So, we met with Richard, hung out with him for a while, then he called Scott Stirm (his correct number) and told him we were on our way . . . .





SO, then all of a sudden we find Scott's house, and we knock on the door, and are blown away by our next experience. Scott is an American man who has lived in Belize for the past 30 years. His heart is the same as ours for unity and revival in Belize, and when we later visited his church Sunday night, we felt like we were at The Awakening church! At his church (Jubilee) he had Tati and I go up and speak to everyone about the conference and share what we are doing, which was awesome, and lots of people afterwards asked us questions, gave us advice and even offered to help us with whatever profession they are involved in (marketing, graphic design, etc). Supposedly Belmopan is the spiritual hub of all Belize, or so they say.

Scott Stirm is a key figure because he is not only known by just about everyone, but he is a key leader in the country, and has a contact list of THOUSANDS of pastors around the country. He is coming alongside us and will not only be at the conference and helping us along the way, but also sending out all of the info and invitation to all of the contacts he has!! Nuts!

Something Scott preached on really touched my heart, and was awesome because if confirmed and echoed what I have been learning, so I will just share . . . .




Basically I have been learning, seeking, asking for and studying HUMILITY.
In Numbers 12 it sys that Moses was more humble than any other on earth, and of course it talks about how Moses was a friend to God, and they spoke face-to-face.
The main verse Scott used that ties so much together when studying humility is this:

James 4:6 - God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble  -

You could study (and I am) God's grace, and man's humility or lack thereof.
But basically, Humility attracts God; Humility attracts Grace.

Something awesome that I wrote down about Moses' conversations with God that I want my words with Him to be like:

Moses: "Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight"

God: "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest"

Moses: "If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here"

God: "This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name"

Moses: "Please show me your glory"

Scott also shared that his vision for this year 2012, he felt like the Lord was saying that HIS PRESENCE IS GOING TO ROUT THE ENEMY..... therefore Scott was saying that he feels strongly about dealing aggressively with anything that hinders the Lord's presence . . . and it was interesting to hear a myriad of situations the enemy is trying to throw at him, his congregation and even Belize as a whole.

He shared about how the root of all conflicts = pride . . . . which is cool because in a book I read, something that struck me very deeply is this excerpt:








"All this is to make it known the region of eternity that pride can degrade the highest angels into devils, and humility raise fallen flesh and blood to the thrones of angels . . . evil can have no beginning but from pride, and no end but from humility . . . The truth is this: Pride may die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you."

"If you could see what every stirring of pride does to your soul, you would beg of everything you meet to tear the viper from you, though with the loss of a hand or an eye. . . . if you could see what a sweet, divine, transforming power there is in humility, how it expels the poison of your nature, and makes room for the Spirit of God to liv ein you, you would rather wish to be the footstool of all the world than want the smallest degree of it."

and BOOM goes the dynamite! I love this so much.


Scott Stirm is super awesome, but I will admit he reminds me a little bit of the dad on the show The Wild Thornberries :)

No comments: