Sunday, February 5, 2012

Belize City Sunday



 Here is Pastor Henry Baizner and his wife Carolyn and their son Harold. They have been so great to us this past week letting us stay at their house, cooking us meals, hanging out with us and more. Some memories we have with them include Carolyn playing my drum, Pastor Henry watching Courageous with me and Tati - even though I'm the only one who stayed awake! Sharing our gummy vitamins each morning with Pastor Henry :)






This is their house - not the best picture, but basically they have two guard dogs, Prix and Patch . . . and they have this very heavy gate we have to open each time we come in. 






    See Tati demonstrate


That's where we park!




  

MEET PATCH! 





  
He sort of run this yard . . . 







  

This is Tati and Patch's relationship
(observe the sharp, mean jaws ready to bite her arm off)








MEET PATCH AGAIN.





Hi PATCH. BE NICe to Tati!!!









This is mine and Patch's relationship. 





Look at him SMILING!





Yeah, we're getting pretty good. . . right now we are working on accomplishing a real twirl . . 



OK! So today is Sunday February 5th, and Tati and I are FINALLY leaving Belize city today. We are going to head to Hattieville, which is a city more south. Supposedly this city is much different than Belize city. I get the impression that it is less developed, more mountainous, and there is more crime. We got some bread, and a 5 gallon jug of water, and we are ready to go! We still have some snacks we got from the states that were mainly for our drive through Mexico (which btw I can't believe already happened) but I am actually excited to run out out of the American snacks and solely be living off of fruit and bread, water and instant coffee! Soon enough for sure. 


This morning we went to church at Pastor Eugene Crawford's church which is called Central Assembly of God. It was super lively, very full . . . I snuck a picture, mainly because I like the balloons up there! Worship lasted the longest which I enjoyed the most, and they had women with flags and twirly ribbon-dancer-like things (i have no idea what to call them!) that they danced with and it was awesome! Definitely different, very cultural feeling, energetic, freeing, and refreshing.






It just hit me that we have been here a week now, and I have not really been taking pictures! I really do want to record where we go, and the different feelings and environments of the city, the mountains, the North/South/East/West, the villages, the jungle areas etc. . . So here are some pictures I snapped on the way home from church, but it is on our way to Pastor Henry's house which is in Lord's Bank, a little village/town outside of the city





typical house in Belize . . slightly nice than average










Basketball courts!



I LOVE this tree! Look at it! it grows out like an umbrella! perfect place for a bench. Maybe I will go sit on it. 


The things I love the most are the green NATURE, the CLOUDS which are SO HUGE EVERYDAY! ... people riding on BICYCLES, people actually OUTSIDE being a visual part of the community, the FRUIT STANDS, the ISLAND MUSIC many times playing out in the streets, the WIND, and I really LOVE seeing all the LAUNDRY hanging outside! I don't know why I love that last one so much, but it is just refreshing and reminds me of a special memory I'll write about later.











Public buses







Yesterday we drove past this little water channel, and there was a canoe race happening!



Crossing the bridge







colorful little houses


two little kids at the house of Pastor Brooke's yesterday: Brighton and Rashawn




More pictures to come, I will make sure to take some more of Belize City on our way out



No comments: